Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rising Above The Ego

Writen by Nicola Karesh

I am really happy and easy-going, when I live alone, or I am surrounded by people who don't push my buttons!

I don't really believe that God intended me to live life as a hermit, or to live a sedate, unchallenged existence, so, I have 2 children! Two little people, just 3 and 6, who are so capable of causing a disturbance in my neat and tidy world!

I like nice, happy, peace and quiet in my life. I start my day with a morning meditation and a morning program to get me in the right frame of mind for the rest of the day.

My 3 year old son feels otherwise! He finds me. He drapes himself over my lap and starts an endless chatter with his many toys. It starts off okay. I maintain my peace and serenity.

The questions start and the talking gets louder. His movement increases and I am at choice with where to place my attention. I could get into a temper and get enraged that he has dared to interrupt me with all of this distraction. I mean really! How dare he?

I have gone down this unhappy route many times before, and it is the road to struggle, resistance and hell! Viewing him as a distraction and an interruption is a mistake, because all I will want to do is get rid of him or block him.

He is not budging. Of course not. Why would he? That would be too easy! How else can I practise my Avatar tools?

I fight to stay calm and in control, but my inner chatter if unchecked, leads to more unhappiness.

One day, I was actually willing him away in my mind. Just willing him to please go away. He looked up at me with his dark, brown eyes and told me to just do my exercise! Out of the mouths....

I could embrace what life has presented me with. View things in such a way to see the positive; the benefit to me.

I remind him that I am going to be quiet and do my exercise, as I hug him and hold him and make our connection part of what I am doing. He just wants a little love and attention and to feel my presence.

We can both get what we want and be even richer.

I could allow myself to fully feel and experience whatever emotions come up. If I fight it, it seems to stick around longer.

Fighting the feelings that come up... trying to block, deny or repress them, are all forms of resistance. And what we resist does not go away. It will keep coming back, until we get the lesson, experience it and integrate it.

For me, it is usually anger, irritation, rage, frustration, impatience or hatred. I use my will to not erupt and let the negativity spew every- where and hurt another. I sit quietly with the feelings and have the intention to learn from them.

Interestingly enough, if you come at things from the perspective that the emotions can teach you something, they will.

The pain and suffering, struggle and torment will inevitable yield to something else. You have to allow this to happen.

Nicola Karesh is an Avatar Master, licensed and trained to deliver the Avatar Course worldwide.

She has a Master's in Counselor Education and her certification as a substance abuse professional counselor since 1985.

Originally from Jamaica, Nicola lives in the mountains of North Carolina, where she home-schools her 2 children - a task which provides her with great opportunities to grow and to practise what she preaches!

To learn more about how to manage your attention and to strengthen your will, visit Nicola online at:

http://www.inducing-consciousness.com http://www.inducingconsciousness.blogspot.com?

0 comments: